What USA Today Found
Per this article in USA Today, 24/7 Wall St.'s project determined ranked Myrtle Beach to be the most affordable metropolitan area to which people are relocating. They utilized data from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Bureau of Economic Analysis to determine their rankings of 50 cities. About each city on the list, USA Today writes,
"In each of the metro areas on this list, the overall cost of living is lower than the national average, and typical housing costs are more in line with area incomes than average across all cities."
Number 1: Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC-NC
- Total population: 480,891
- Pop. growth due to net migration, 2010-2018: +28.0% (+105,460)
- Cost of living: 8.1% less than nat'l avg.
- Median home value: $194,700
- Median household income: $51,580 [make block quote]
With a strong household income, Myrtle Beach has maintained an affordable standard of living, despite having grown by nearly 30% since 2010. Between Myrtle, North Myrtle, Conway, and the rest of the area, the total population has almost reached half of a million people; nevertheless, our communities are tight-knit and friendly. Now is the time to buy your new home in northeastern South Carolina.
What Makes Myrtle Beach Number One?
At RealStar Homes, we have some ideas about what makes Myrtle Beach so attractive to new residents and homebuyers:
- The Homes: Even with over 100,000 people moving to the area in just eight years, home builders like our team are building great houses in a variety of styles. From garden homes to ranch-style and more, you can find the home you’re looking for with RealStar Homes.
- The Food: They say there are more great food choices in Myrtle Beach than one person could experience in a lifetime. With more restaurants opening every day, the time to start experiencing the food culture here is no.
- The Drinks: From wineries and breweries to craft cocktails and coffee, whatever you like, our area has it.
- The Beach: The white-sand beaches are famous. People travel from all over the east coast for our beaches. Even if you do not like crowds, our beaches are big enough that there is always plenty of space for your towel.
- The Golf Scene: Nowhere on the east coast rivals the diversity and quality of golf courses we have in Myrtle Beach.
- The Activities: From museums to shows to outdoor adventures, Myrtle Beach has it all. Whether you are retiring and slowing down or planning to live somewhere with plenty of activities for your kids, our area is number one.
Now that you know Myrtle Beach is number one, are you ready to find or build the house of your dreams? RealStar Homes is here to help. We have move-in ready homes for those ready to start enjoying our area immediately. You can also browse our website to find plans for new homes and communities throughout northeastern North Carolina. If you want more information about RealStar Homes, and how you can be part of Myrtle Beach, contact us.